Friday, March 16, 2012

Auto Hide IP: Protect your Surfing Activity

Our privacy is under threat like never before. As it is happening in the real world, so it is in cyberspace. We all need to be vigilant and to protect ourselves from these threats like never before. As a blogger and as a man - my freedom and my family's freedom is important and that's one reason why I write this blog - to shine a little light on the threats that we are all currently facing.

Google has been in the news lately for changing its privacy policy and the information it keeps of our surfing footprint gives a lot away about ourselves. Why is it any of their business?

So, I've decided to make things a little harder and anonymize my web activity as much as I can, after all that's my business right?  Several governments actively censor the Internet and using a proxy service is one way to get around said restrictions.

And so I've come across this little gem from www.autohideip.com ,

It's a small utility that works by changing your IP address which will mask your true identity, allowing you to surf anonymously, protect your identity and guard against hackers etc. Why would you want to do this? When I was on vacation in Britain, I decided to catch up on some TV watching that had built up. I had watched one episode with no problems at my home. However, in Britain, I was not permitted to view the content because the DRM (Digital Rights Management) said I was not in an appropriate country. Having this tool helps me get around that silly restriction and even allows me to watch UK TV programs here in the USA.

Of course that's all very nice but for me and I suspect many of you, we will be safe in the knowledge that our ISP's won't be passing any detailed information about private surfing activity to the authorities any time soon.

And if anyone ever tells you if you've never to hide you've nothing to fear, before you tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, just remind them that you have a lot to hide - your privacy...



Hide your real IP to protect your privacy on the Internet. Auto Hide IP enables you to surf anonymously and automatically change your IP address every few minutes, preventing identity theft and hacker intrusions, all with the click of a button.