Wednesday, February 22, 2012

turnintocash.com Dirty Scammers

www.turnintocash.com are dirty scammers  preying on the poorest in society and yes, they make me sick!

Slightly off topic I know but I hate scammers!!!

A British friend of mine has been having  a bit of a hard time and decided to sell some old CD's and DVD's.

Having seen a recommendation on moneysavingexpert.com for a company called turnintocash.com, who promised to pay top prices for unwanted DVD'S and CD's - suitably enticed, she decided she could do with the extra cash and so sent her haul to turnintocash who had promised her $140.

She tells the story quite eloquently;

"A Courier on behalf of turnintocash came and picked up my CD's and DVD's on the 20th December 2011.

After many phone calls and emails was assured that my parcel was being checked and I'd receive my money soon.

Email arrived 27th January 2011 with the results of the testing. It seems that some of my DVD's had failed - the most expensive ones funnily enough - even those that had never been opened!!! Still, according to them, I was due around £70 ($110) .

Cheque for £8.70 ($13) arrived a week later!

Numerous emails later ( I know they've been read as I requested a read receipt) and not even the politeness of a reply.


Spoke with Manchester Trading Standards (a complete waste of time if you ask me) and reported the matter to them.

So, quite clearly this outfit is incompetent and you should most definately steer clear.

As for the recommend on the website moneysavingexpert.com last November, I suggest Mr Lewis's team spend a little more time in their research and an apology from them should be in order too. Money saving expert has become money losing expert - 0 out of 10 Mr Lewis, must try harder!!!!" 


Having searched around the dark recesses of the world wide web, it seems that  this story is only one of a great many from poor souls who entrusted their goods to turnintocash.

As their phone number is not listed on their website, I though I'd let everyone know that it is 0161 441 4231. I also found out that their real address is 16 Hamson Drive, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire,SK10 5SS - not the one that appears on their website! Also the directors are a Mr Rob Fox (very apt name) and Mr Peter Petrondas, who is also a Director of Redeem (recycling) based in Scotland. His PA is Helen, and her number is 01324 678 900.

Mr R.J. Fox appointed 21 Apr 2011
also director of:
OAKBANK COURT (BOLLINGTON) MANAGEMENT LIMITED 03861641
Mr P. Petrondas appointed 06 May 2011
also director of:
ENVIRONMENTAL MOBILE CONTROL LIMITED 03280587
REDEEM ACQUISITIONS LIMITED 07664244
REDEEM HOLDINGS LIMITED 07501710
REDEEM LIMITED SC194216
V1 LEISURE LIMITED 06171448

I'll be annoying calling them often until this case is resolved to my friends' satisfaction - I will of course report back with the outcome!!